Take Winter By Storm (TWBS), as an initiative of several government entities, conducts public business, the records of which are generally available for public review. Nevertheless, TWBS is committed, to the extent allowable by law, to protect and secure your personal information contained in our records. This privacy commitment must be balanced with the rights of public access under Chapter 42.56 RCW (Washington Public Disclosure Act) and consistent with KCC 2.14.030 and any other applicable federal, state, and local statute or regulation.
TWBS gathers personal information when it is relevant and necessary, fair and to the extent possible with the knowledge and consent of the individual, to accomplish campaign business. We only obtain this information through legal means. When TWBS collects personal information from you, we:
- Tell you why we are collecting this personal information.
- Limit the amount of your personal information that we collect to that which is necessary for the stated purpose for which it was collected.
- Take steps to use your personal information to the stated purpose for which it was collected.
- Take steps to ensure that, at the time of collection, your personal information is accurate, complete and current.
- Provide your personal information only to authorized TWBS employees and private contractors or public organizations on a need-to-know basis and as a result of a public disclosure request as required by the Public Records Act.
- Do not sell or make your personal information available to others without your consent
- Legally required or permitted by law; or
- Needed to complete your transaction with the campaign.
- Retain personal information only as long as necessary to conduct campaign business in accordance with records retention schedules.
- Dispose of personal information in a secure manner that prevents unauthorized disclosure.
- Take organizational, technological, and physical measures to securely safeguard personal information.
Information specific to the Internet
TWBS may track information, such as user hits, visits and sessions; however this information cannot be linked to a specific person.
Personal information collected on certain TWBS pages is data that you provide to us about yourself. Providing personal information to us on our website is purely voluntary. This information is used to better serve you.
When TWBS collects personal information from children using our website, it complies with the Federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
TWBS’s website has links to other websites, including other government agencies, nonprofit organizations and private businesses. When you link to one of these external websites, you are no longer on TWBS’s website and this privacy notice no longer applies. Instead, you are subject to the privacy notice or other terms and conditions of that website.